Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Husqvarna rider engine issue

Customer Question

I have a husqvarna riding lawn mower. Tipped it on side for service and now it no longer runs well. It will idle fine but sputters when has lever is turned up. The engine is also much louder than it was just before tipping it over. The engine will run at high throttle for about 20 seconds and will then start sputtering.
I'm suspecting blown head gasket. Any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.

THe probable issue is that the air filter is clogged with oil and needs to be replaced. This happens when you turn it on it's side. Just so you know...NEVER EVER tip any mower on it's side. You also may need a new spark plug and there may be oil inside the carburetor that needs to be cleaned out. Other than that, you should be OK. Let it run at half throttle for a few minutes before trying to use it.