Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My troybuilt 2044 xp straight shaft trimmer was purchased 1

Customer Question

My troybuilt 2044 xp straight shaft trimmer was purchased 1 year ago. It now overheats and slowly dies within 5 minutes of use. It has to cool for around ten minutes before it starts again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. There could be a few things causing your problem with the trimmer , it could be losing spark , or compression or could be the carburetor. The first thing I would test is once it dies check for spark, if it has none then you know the coil is bad . If it has spark you can try shooting gas in the carburetor and see if it will start momentarily, if it does you know it's a carburetor issue. If not at that point we will need to check compression soon as it dies .