Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My edger motor will start easily but will not continue to run.

Customer Question

my edger motor will start easily but will not continue to run. It seems to not be getting gas once you start it but i have cleaned the gas tank and used fresh gas but that did not make any difference. what can i do to fix it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. these carburetors can be fickle , try this . Remove the screen that slides over the shorter fatter tube and take some carburetor cleaner and use the red straw that comes with it and spray into the hole in the center of the shorter fatter tube , make sure you can blow and suck air into it and then spray out the other holes and ports but that one usually is the one that acts up. Don't put the metal screen back on , it will clog it again . After that it should run. This link will help as well
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_pulsa-prime_carb.asp