Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a briggs and straton quiet power technology powered

Customer Question

I have a briggs and straton quiet power technology powered mower has not enough power to cut grass
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
HI, I will be glad to try to help you but first I will need some more information from you.
What kind of equipment is this. Tractor, push mower ZTR etc.
What brand is this?
What model is this and what model of engine is this
How old is this?
WHat are the exact symptoms.
Please let me know these answers and I will try to help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Craftsman self propeled push mower model number###-##-#### ***** up and runs fine until u get into taller grass,then seems to not have any power
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
This problem is almost always due to a carburetor that is gummed up and the small passages are restricted and not letting enough gasoline into the engine. It will need to have the carburetor cleaned and rebuilt before it will operate properly. It is running lean and not giving you enough power.
Sometimes you can get a product called "MECHANIC IN A BOTTLE" and add it to the gas, run it for about 10 minutes and then let it set over night and try it in the morning. It sometimes will clean it enough to make a difference.
It is available at Home depot and Amazon.com and some mower shops.
If that doesn't work, then you will have to have the carburetor cleaned and rebuilt. Also try replacing the air filter . IF it gets dirty it will cause the engine to not have power.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You can also try a product called MEchanic in a bottle,and add it to the gas. It may help. IT is available at Home Depot and at Amazon.com.
It that doesn't work, then you will have to have the carburetor rebuilt.
Also another cause if lack of power is a dirty AIR FILTER> Replace the AIR FILTER as it may be clogged with dirt or oil. This will cause a lack of power.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that I will get paid by the site.
Feel free to continue the conversation with me if you need more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already rebuilt carb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It acts like the govenor is keeping throtle closed
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
I cannot tell from here if the throttle is closed, but this is NOT a very common thing. Sounds more like carburetor or air filter.
I must leave not for an appointment. I may be back tonight.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
If you still feel that it is the governor that is keeping the carburetor closed, it would actually just be the linkage. Check to see that the linkage is moving free. When a governor actually fails, it would make the engine run away with itself, not go too slow or have lack of power.