Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

My zero turn cub cadet mower pulls to one side ....it seems

Customer Question

my zero turn cub cadet mower pulls to one side ....it seems one side of rear end , is not pulling/driving .. has seperat rearend /trans-axles for each side as well as seperate oil resevoivers ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
It can be just the arm (handles) are out of adjustment. Where you arm bolt on you should see a stop bolt that can be adjusted for more travel or less travel to get the tracking correct on a flat level surface when driving on it. If you have your manual it should tell you how to adjust this. It is also possible one wheel motor is going bad also and they will slow down. It is also possible one motor is stronger than the other and you will adjust the fast side to slow down a little. If motor is going bad it will continue to get worse over time and moter will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a manual, but downloaded one from similar model, the arms are in equal position , don't really understand the adjustment instructions , it looks like the travel disatance on the little cam that engages motor is equal? I suspect the motor is going bad? Wondering what kind of $ that's gonna be and if I can change out myself..
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to change it out yourself if you have tools. Those drives are not cheap. It you can deal with it I would run it till it just gets to slow.