Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Just installed new kohler 29 hp in my cub cadet started right

Customer Question

just installed new kohler 29 hp in my cub cadet started right up and ran for a few minuts. now wont start. starts right up with starting fluid but wont keep running there is gas to the carb. but not getting to the engine
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 20 hp engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Carburetor has electric solenoid in the bowl area, this solenoid has to open the main jet in the carburetor as soon as the key is turned on, it has to have battery voltage at all times the key is on. I suspect this solenoid is not opening the main jet! It should click open when you turn on the key, no click, no fuel.