Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I pushed down the brake pedal and locked the parking brake.

Customer Question

I pushed down the brake pedal and locked the parking brake. Now the pedal is stuck and the mower won't move. Craftsman yts 3000
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What is the long model number? example###-##-#### You will need to loosen the brake caliper just ahead of the right rear tire, on the side of the transmission. or get to the lock mechanism and pry it up to release. I would opt for loosening the two bolts on the brake caliper, with the bolts loose, you can release the brake lock, then re-tighten the two bolts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-#### ***** rod attached to the brake pedal attaches to a lever on the left side of the transmission. I think the transmission is hydrostatic. I tried using wd 40 on it. It looks like I will have to remove the left rear tire to get to it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
On this model there is no external brake! No need to look for the brake, it is inside the transmission. You will have to get to the locking latch and pry it out of the groove, or use both feet on the brake while you pull the brake release!