Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Why wont my troybilt pressure washer start/run, it fires 4

Customer Question

why wont my troybilt pressure washer start/run, it fires 4 or 5 times and stops. its a model 020413,about 3 years old, the pump starts to builds pressure, spark plug is gaped at .030, it ran good last year
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time pressure washers sit for extended periods of time between uses. While sitting the gas that is left in the carburetor turns to gum and varnish and dirt.
Your problem is most likely that you have a dirty carburetor and it needs to be cleaned and rebuilt with a complete carburetor repair kit.
The small passages are most likely restricted preventing the fuel from entering the engine as it should.
Once the carburetor cleaning is done, it will likely work fine.