Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am a senior widow in Dayton, OH. My problem being I have

Customer Question

I am a senior widow in Dayton, OH. My problem being I have a 2000 Yard machine riding mower with a new battery a few weeks ago I had the battery checked because of having a problem starting. At that time it was making a clicking sound when I tried to start the mower but, now it makes no sound(s) at all. Where is the solenoied located so that I can try to remove it and have it tested?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The solenoid is at the end of the posiitve battery cable! But look for the fuse for the ignition before doing anything else. The fuse is near the solenoid, in the red wire that comes from the same post on the solenoid as the battery cable attaches. If you have owners manual, it may show exact location for the fuse.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I see you opened a new question! Please respond to this first question. Can you take an old screw driver and jump across the two battery cable posts on the solenoid? This should spin the engine. If it does not, the starter may be bad! If it sparks and does not turn the engine, remove the spark plug and try again. Engine may have liquid on top of piston, making it hard to turn.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try and see what happens.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks.