Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Hey Turtle, I'm looking at a John Deere F935 Mower to buy but

Customer Question

Hey Turtle, I'm looking at a John Deere F935 Mower to buy but it will not drive forward, but does move quickly in reverse. Any Ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! This has individual f/r pedals. Does the forward pedal feel like it connected to the linkage? Follow the forward linkage to see if it is moving the lever on the hydrostat. Typically if the hydro will go in either direction, it is not an expensive fix, usually linkage. But with that said, be sure the price is right , being you are going to be taking the risk. Look at price of one that is in operating condition and compare.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, I was thinking it should be something minor because of how it moves in reverse. Just thought I'd ask an expert. This machine is about 10 -15 years old, not all beat up and the motor seems to run go, what do you think a fair price range should be?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I bought my F925 for $3000.00, in great shape, but that was a real deal! Look at these, year model makes big difference. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?catid=1170&Manu=JOHN+DEERE&Mdltxt=F935