Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My speedztr48 has a very slack tranmisson drive belt. The owners

Customer Question

My speedztr48 has a very slack tranmisson drive belt. The owners manuel suggest the pump bypass valve maybe open or air in the hydraulic system. It doesn't tell me what to do about any of it. The belt change looks to be a beat down that will have to be done, but what about the rest?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The drive belt, is either off the pulleys or the spring loaded idler is not holding the belt tight. Usually it is the spring off or broke. The pump bypass has nothing to do with this, unless you want to push the mower around.