Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

John deere 757 z trak 25hp Put new starter selonoid on. Starter

Customer Question

John deere 757 z trak 25hp
Put new starter selonoid on. Starter engages but will not turn engine over. It clicks and engine turns maybe 1/4inch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Why was starter solenoid replaced? Same reason? Remove the spark plugs and see if the engine will spin? If not, see if you can turn the engine by hand, using the flywheel screen up top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems that engine is locked up. Person that was operating the mower at the time it quit said it started smoking and suddenly shut down. Few minutes later it started back up , ran a few minutes and quit.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
!! I was afraid of that. Probably a lack of oil! Or oil that was thinned by gas contamination.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was plenty of oil and it shows no sign of gas contamination.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
but engine is seized and can't be turned with wrench on the flywheel nut? Usually does not seize for no reason!??? Drive pulleys under the engine not bound up?