Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am having the same problem. My belt slipped off, and my son

Customer Question

I am having the same problem. My belt slipped off, and my son needs to know what kind of tool to use to take the fan off above the drive shaft in order to get up in there to the belt.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! the D140 is a belt driven mower and there is no drive shaft. The fan on top of the transmission would not need to be removed! Takes no special tools! Do you have the deck off the tractor. Here is basic belt installation, The D140 is similar. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/deere_110a_yellow_drive_belt.asp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'ve taken the mower to the repair shop. I won't be using you again.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes better to leave it to the professionals! Sorry.