Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have 22 HP Subaru in Bearcat . No crank, but small

Customer Question

Have 22 HP Subaru in Bearcat chipper. No crank, but small light on when turn ignition key.
9 mo, old battery-had charger on overnite. Engine had stalled due to clogged discharge chute day before. What is my likely problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Will engine turn by hand? Or can the engine be locked due to the stall? If engine is free, do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage, fully charged would be over 13 volts! If battery voltage is good, what kind of start safety's does the chipper have? Are they making contact in neutral. Can you jump the starter solenoid from it's battery cable terminal to the single start post on the same solenoid? This should spin the engine, if the battery, cables and starter are good.