Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Kawasaki motor. Spits and sputters off take off and at low

Customer Question

Kawasaki motor. Spits and sputters off take off and at low speed seems alright 10mph up
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Have you removed the carburetor float bowl and checked for debris or water? Are you getting a good flow of fuel to the carburetor from the fuel pump? Has the fuel filter and spark plug been replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have dropped the tank and cleaned it out, changed plug, and cleaned the carb and no change. I'm not familiar with these as far as wiring. I noticed a few wire off on the reverse switch plugged them in now it diesels when you stop, and when you put it in reverse it automatically turns over without hitting the gas

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the year model? From the letter number combination at the passenger glove box area. last two numbers is year model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's an 09 e z go with the kawasaki motor

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the Kawasaki model number? I wonder if this is the timing belt engine, and it could be out of time by one tooth.