Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet lt1045 with a Kohler engine that is about 8 yers old. After about 6 mo&

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet lt1045 with a Kohler engine that is about 8 yers old. After about 6 mo's. it satarted getting hard to start. When I am abe to get it started it runs fine, no smoke or oil usage. Even with a new starter & batteryt seems the starter is to week to start it, any sugestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is the is the SV600 series Kh;er engine? If it is the Sv series, it has valves that may need adjusting. The valves should be set at .005 intake and.007 inch exhaust. The camshaft has a compression release and can be affected by the valve clearance. Here is link to the service manual. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2548_a.pdf