Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ezgo ( late 1990s) was running along a smooth drive, a moderate

Customer Question

My ezgo ( late 1990s) was running along a smooth drive, a moderate weight load ) and it stopped . When you press the gas in forward or reverse it nudges in the direction, but won't go. The batteries are new (installed by an old school battery only shop who went through cables at that time).
Thanks
Ccb
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Charger worked and showed to be charging? Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltages? Check battery pack voltage, then check the voltage at the controller, drive motor and the solenoid. You will have to remove the plastic cover over the controller/solenoid. If voltages check out, do you hear the solenoid click when the pedal is pressed? Next step would be to bypass the solenoid, by putting all the cables on one terminal, then see if the cart will run. This us the same connection the solenoid would make. Or use a jumper cable to jump the two terminals . The foot pedal micro switch has to close this solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two chargers. One new and one just rebuilt. Ran both and both positive info. I'll check on other questions . Is selanoid a likely problem?
Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
yes, solenoid is a common problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in the country and I need to get back out there to check. Please stand by
Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thanks for the reply. Take as long as needed.