Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

IHAVE A XMARK LAZER Z 1999 WITH A KOHLER 26HP EFI. AFTER RUNNING

Customer Question

IHAVE A XMARK LAZER Z 1999 WITH A KOHLER 26HP EFI. AFTER RUNNING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME THE ENGINE SEEMS TO BE RUNNING OUT OF FUEL,I SWITCH TANKS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND IT CLEATS UP FOR A TIME AND STARTS TO SPUTTER AND STALL AGAIN.CHANGED FUEL PUMP ,FUEL LINES AND FILTER NO CHANGE.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
There is a possibility that the fuel shut off solenoid on your carburetor is faulty, and failing after it gets hot. Your fuel shut off solenoid should click strongly, each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off. There is a spring loaded plunger inside your solenoid, that must retract when your ignition switch is on, to allow fuel to flow throughout your carburetor.
We can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please note this engine is fuel injected not carbureted
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your rep[y doesn't help me.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for letting me know. I do apologize for not requesting your model and spec. numbers, to look up your engine, prior to replying to you. I overlooked EFI in your initial post.
I will opt out and give someone who is familiar with fuel injected engines a shot at this. I do hope all goes well for you. After I opt out, please do not respond to me, or our system will lock your question to me, and lock others out.