Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am trying to start a Castelgarden ride on lawnmower but not even the digital display

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to start a Castelgarden ride on lawnmower but not even the digital display is turning on...any ideas? Was working fine earlier today.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The battery may have a shorted cell. if it does, no voltage to the dash and charger will not charge it! Be sure your cable connections are good!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Curtis...I think a fuse has also blown as when I replace the two of them the digital display does actually appear when I turn the key...but there is no accompanying beep as there normally is and the engine doesn't even make an attempt to start. Also I can see from the display that the battery voltage level is 0.0V.

Can batteries drain as quickly as that?

I think I will just replace the battery as it has been giving difficulties for some time now...e.g. blades not engaging correctly, very rarely starting first time after I have turned it off for a short period of time etc.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, battery will be good one day, and completely dead the next. Change the battery and check your charging system to be sure it is charging the battery.