Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My cub cadet ltx 1046 hydrostatic 23.0 hp tractor starts to

Customer Question

my cub cadet ltx 1046 hydrostatic 23.0 hp tractor starts to engage the mower deck blade then stops the blades. will not engage? is this a job for a tech or a back yard mech like me? Any suggestions of what to look for?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The mower has electric clutch to drive the blades. Does the belt stop turning? That would mean the electric clutch has dropped out. It has to have 12 volts to it , to stay engaged and power the deck.. Is the deck belt tight with no slack, which could be a missing or broken tension spring for the deck idler pulleys.??