Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower with a 30" deck, year 2012,

Customer Question

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower with a 30" deck, year 2012, model no.13AC26JD211. I just bought it (used), mowed the back and front yard and on the way to the shed it quit. It will start up fine, but as soon as I let up on the brake, it dies.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
There is a possibility that your seat safety switch is at fault. Check your seat safety switch first, then we can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the seat saftey switch was bad, it wouldn't even start, right? It starts and runs fine as long as you deon';t take your foot off the brake, then it dies.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Your engine will start up and run, even with a faulty seat safety switch, but will shut down if you release your brake pedal, or engage your blades.
When your seat safety switch is faulty, your safety features thinks that no one is sitting on your seat, and shut your engine off, as a safety measure. It is the same as the results you get, when you get off of your seat while your engine is running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, that was the problem. I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks!
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome! I do hope all continues to go well for you.