Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Husqvarna 223r - brand new out of the box - attempting

Customer Question

Husqvarna 223r - brand new out of the box - attempting to prime and start; air purge bulb sounds like it is 'sucking air' and will not pick up any fuel . . . ??? . . . therefore, won't prime and start - any suggestions short of sending it back? Would rather not since I bought the machine online and want to avoid return shipping . . .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
usually the problem is in the carburetor diaphrams or the fuel lines
On a new unit, I would check to see if the fuel filter is connected to the fuel line. If not, then it will not run of pump fuel.
Also if any of the fuel lines have a small hole in them it will suck air as well and not work.
I am assuming that this is a weed trimmer
If that is not the problem then you will most likely have to disassemble the carburetor and replace the diaphrams in it.
On a new saw, I would not suggest that you try it since the warranty would be void if you work on it yourself.
You can find a good Husqvarna repair shop and they could repair it under warranty for you.
I wish I had better news but that is what it is.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The appears to be a weed trimer, but all of the things I mentioned will be the same.