Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is***** have a John deer la105 lawn tractor.

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a John deer la105 lawn tractor. I cleaned and change the fuel and added a she foam additive to it. All lines are clear and new fuel filter. It's getting spark. But I realized the fuel filter isn't getting fuel
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The fuel tank has a suction tube that goes into the top of the tank. The fuel line and tube to the filter/fuel pump has to be vacuum tight. Is the tube and fuel line from the tank good? For a test of the fuel pump, take a test line from the inlet of the fuel filter, direct into another fuel container. If the filter fills and pump works, you know the fuel line and the suction tube in the tank are the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I should have added that the fuel that was in it was like 3-4 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took all of those lines out from tank to filter and blew threw them and they were clear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a clear filter and nothing in there but if I spray a little starter fluid it starts rite up
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do the fuel pump check,and if no fuel , check the fuel pump pulse line , it has to feel the pulse from the crankcase. If pump does not work, need a new fuel pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the filter is upside down
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It has an arrow for fuel flow, but it really won't matter. Fuel can be sucked either way, one way the filter has the filter material, and filtration is outside to in, installed backward, it filter inside out, which has much less capacity .