Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 31go Kawasaki eng on zero turn mower. Starter will not turn engine over. I had th

Customer Question

I have a 31go Kawasaki eng on zero turn mower. Starter will not turn engine over. I had the starter checked and it was ok. Could valve adjustment be the problem? I put a new battery in it also, no help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Valves can affect the starting. Have you ran a compression test to see if you have excessive compression, showing the compression release is not working? If compression is above 120 psi, the compression release on the camshaft may not be working. Have you used a voltmeter to gage the battery voltage when you try to crank? Does voltage fall below 8 volts? If it does, with new battery and starter you could have a bad cable! Does engine turn, just not fast enough to crank? If it does not turn, will it spin with the spark plugs removed? Here is service manual.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www2.rgs.com.au/pictures/FilesAsMenuItems/info/fx751v-801v-850v_service_manual.pdf