Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Mantis tiller SV 4B with a Zama carb. W/ primer bulb.

Customer Question

I have a Mantis tiller SV 4B with a Zama carb. W/ primer bulb. 1990's model. When I tried to start it this spring it would not start. I ran it dry last fall when I stored it. I did not have fire to the plug and changed out the mag. Got fire now but it would not start. Changed out the fuel filter in the tank and all fuel lines. Still would not start. The primer bulb was getting fuel but would not start. Installed a new carb repair kit and now I can't get fuel to the primer bulb only air. I checked the fuel lines and they are installed correctly and getting fuel from tank to carb. I plugged the fuel inlet to the carb and pressed the primer bulb several times and pumped only air. Took the carb apart again and made sure the repair kit was installed correctly and it was. The air is coming through the carb somewhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,did you have the inlet needle out? They sometimes stick.Also, the primer portion (black plastic part) could malfunction over time