Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The transaxle on my YTH2042 riding mower is leaking and the

Customer Question

The transaxle on my YTH2042 riding mower is leaking and the mower does not move when I put it in gear. Cannot figure out how to get to the axle assembly to find the leak and try to fix it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The deck needs to be removed, then you can get a better look at the transmission.(###) ###-####Hydra gear transmission is what you have. There is a plug up on top of the housing where oil can be added. 20W50 engine oil.Here is link to parts site. The 31400510 is listed , see item # ***** for plug location. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.jonsered.com/ddoc/JONI/JONI2001_AAaa/JONI2001_AAaa_I0100603_.pdf