Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

On a used Cub Cadet GY 3235 after moving the seat to the most

Customer Question

On a used Cub Cadet GY 3235 after moving the seat to the most forward position I find that the safety switch in the seat is not working. With the brake on it will start but releasing the brake kills the engine even with a person on the seat.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Remove the wiring connector from your seat safety switch, then firmly re-connect it. Make sure you are getting a really good connection, and that the locking tab on your wiring connector, snaps onto your seat safety switch. This will prevent your wiring connector from backing off your seat safety switch.
Give your mower another try. Let's see what happens.