Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Husqvarna yth150 mower deck belt has stretched and broken twice

Customer Question

Husqvarna yth150 mower deck belt has stretched and broken twice in under 50 hours. Deck pullies seem ok
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Are you replacing your belt with OEM belt? Remove your belt from your deck, then spin each of your spindle pulleys, and idler pulleys by hand. Listen for a bearing that could be worn, rumbling, or partially seizing. Look to see if one of your pulleys wobble as you spin it by hand.
Also, check for excessive wear in the running surfaces of your pulleys. Check to see if your belt is running too deep inside your pulleys. We can continue from here.