Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

I have a Cub Cadet SLTX 1054, the blades only stay engaged

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet SLTX 1054, the blades only stay engaged for 2-3 sec? and sometimes not at all HELP!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
you will need a volt meter and check the voltage at the wire that plugs into the PTO. Should be 12 volt to 12.6 with switch on. you may have to have someone sitting in seat so the safety system will work correctly. If you have 12 volt there after turning on the switch several times then the clutch itself needs checked with Ohm meter. check the two terminals with Ohm meter and make sure it doesn't read past .006 or under .003. also check PTO housing across each terminals and there should be no reading at all. If not in these specs most likely PTO in bad. You also have to have a good battery or if you are using a weak battery it may not be able to handle the electric load of PTO.