Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kandi 110cc go kart. Worked fine couple months.

Customer Question

I have a Kandi 110cc go kart. Worked fine for a couple months. One day kids turned off the kart while it was in gear. I few seconds later I put it back in nuetral and tried to start it again....nothing. Lights, horn, etc. not working. Engine won'y turn over. It's like everything just died. I installed a fresh battery with full charge, checked fuses, replaced ignition switch, and still nothing. I ordered a new CDI, which I will install today, bbut I'm totally stumped. If the CDI doesn't work, I don't even know what else to try. Any thoughts.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Kandi 110cc go kart. Worked fine for a couple months. One day kids turned off the kart while it was in gear. I few seconds later I put it back in nuetral and tried to start it again....nothing. Lights, horn, etc. not working. Engine won't turn over. It's like everything just died. I installed a fresh battery with full charge, checked fuses, replaced ignition switch, and still nothing. I ordered a new CDI, which I will install today, but I'm totally stumped. If the CDI doesn't work, I don't even know what else to try. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! CDI has nothing to do wit the start circuit. Looking at a basic wiring diagram for the Candi, It has a fuse or a fusible link between the starter solenoids posiitve post, which is where the power for the key comes from. Follow the posiitve battery cable to the starter solenoid, and on the same post will be a smaller wire, follow this wire and look for fuse or fusible link. fusible link will look like a soldered in fuse. You can bypass the link with a jumper wire to test, if you have no voltmeter or test light.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! I'll try that and see what happens.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume a faulty solenoid/relay or fusible link would prevent the lights and other accessories from working in addition to engine not turning over, correct? Sorry, I'm new to the small engine troubleshooting business. Should have thought about that before I bought a Chineese Go Kart!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
!! Yes,fuse or fusible link kills all power to the key.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.kandiusa.com/upload/month_1308/KD110GKG2.jpg