Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a cub cadet lt1045, was running fine then just quit,

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet lt1045, was running fine then just quit, fuel pump is good, getting spark, will start for a few secs with some starting fluid. ???????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
What brand is the engine on your mower?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kohler

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this information. There is a fuel shut off solenoid, that screws into the bottom of your carburetor. This part should click each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off. There is a spring loaded plunger inside your solenoid, that must retract, when your switch is on, to allow fuel to flow throughout your carburetor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Already changed that, gonna request a refund, not satisfied with your answer

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Due to the fact that I cannot see or hear your engine, I must ask troubleshooting questions, and make suggestions, in order to get to the source of our problem. I have no way of knowing what actions you have already taken, without asking or you telling me. I did not conclude that your fuel solenoid is your problem. This was only a starting point toward troubleshooting. It is always best to know what the problem is before replacing parts. I rather not guess. You are more than welcome to request a refund. I do hope that all goes well for you. I will opt out. Have a great evening!