Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Responding to 1st answer. I have already completed the tasks

Customer Question

responding to 1st answer. I have already completed the tasks prior to contacting JUST ANSWER about my problem. I had also replaced the carb. I prime the carb. It will start and run for a few seconds and then shutdown. I will then prime the carb again and
the same thing happens. It doesn't matter how many times I prime the carb I get the same results. I have check the fuel line going into the carb, fuel at that point. I am assuming that the internal workings of the new carb has been set up right
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Engine make and model number? Some engines have a check ball behind the primer, and if the check valve leaks, the engine gets too much air and will not continue to run. ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine make and model Briggs & Stratton model #171432-1111-01. this carb does not have a primer button, I prime it by putting gas in the carb intake
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace fuel line to the carburetor? If you used old line, the line may have flaked off and is plugging the needle valve passage in the new carburetor. The needle valve would have to be removed and the passage blew out with the fuel line off at the carburetor. Has to be no fuel going through the carburetor. .