Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My kohler cv745-0001 has a broken bolt holding rocker cover.

Customer Question

my kohler cv745-0001 has a broken bolt holding rocker cover. bolt cannot be replaced as the part of the head that holds it broke off.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
It will be worth a try, before considering replacing your cylinder head. Just make sure you clean both mating surfaces really well, and use a sealant that is oil resistance. Put your other three bolts in and get them snug, then use a clamp of some sort to snug the faulty corner, until your sealant dries.
I would allow the sealant to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Click on the link I have attached. This is the sealant I have successfully used many times.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Permatex Ultra Grey - Click Here
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
For some reason the link is not opening. You can purchase a tube of Permatex Ultra Grey TRV Silicone at your local auto parts store.