Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a 17.5 briggs and stratton riding mower from

Customer Question

i bought a 17.5 briggs and stratton riding mower from crappy tire and now when running it floads out, the spark plug fills with gas and it quits
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With engine flooding while running, the float and needle valve in the carburetor is not controlling the fuel into the carburetor float bowl. Float may be stuck or broken, not seating the needle valve. Repair would require removing the float bowl and see what is bad in the float area! If it only happens when not in use, a fuel shutoff valve in the fuel line will take care of it. Here is a link to carburetor, left click on the link to highlite it, the right click to access. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_walbro_lmt_carb.asp