Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My 2001 LT 155 was running fine cutting grass i stopped to

Customer Question

my 2001 LT 155 was running fine cutting grass i stopped to take a phone call. on restart - Nothing, no crank just a solenoid style single click. have checked cleaned and charged battery 1 year old checked and cleaned ignition connections. i have headlights. all safety switches off unless one isn't working right. checked all other visible connections. I held the reverse safety switch and got more clicking than before but no crank.
any suggestions other than gong to the dealer?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my NE is John and welcome to just answer. Have you tried starting it from the solenoid ?. Take a long screwdriver and cross the post and it should make the starter kick over .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but need some guidance. I am looking at a wiring schematic. Am I touching the positive post to the starting motor solenoid post where red battery wire connects?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Locate the starter solenoid and you will see 2 post with wires bolted to them take a screw driver and put it between both post then turn it to the right or left and it will cross the post making the starter kick in . To locate the starter solenoid trace the cable bolted to it back , the other end will be bolted to the starter solenoid