Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a troy bilt lawn mower

Customer Question

I have a troy bilt lawn mower 12ava29q711 and its engine runs erratically all the time. I did the troubleshooting, reviewed the gas cap, changed fresh fuel, checked my oil, changed the spark plug for the new one, reviewed the fuel hose, replaced the air filter and and did a complete maintenenace to the carburator and nothing improved... same erratically sounds that drive me crazy!!! please help me...
xxxxx xxxxxxxx
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joe. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Can you describe the erratic behavior of your mower to me? Can you describe the maintenance you performed on your carburetor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The erratic behaviour is like you can see it is running and lowering the engine consecutively... I took the carburetor out (assy bb62z b - Honda Motor 752H652561 160cc) following some instructions and did a clean out completely... besides all the troubleshooting I made and still the engine has the same behaviour erratically....
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Did you totally dis-assemble your carburetor, and soak it prior cleaning it?
You very likely, still have a clogged jet or fuel passage, although you have already cleaned your carburetor. The jets and fuel passages in carburetors, are getting smaller and smaller, due to new epa standards. This makes cleaning a effectively, carburetor more difficult.