Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My cub cadet lawn tractor is equipped with an ignition switch

Customer Question

My cub cadet lawn tractor is equipped with an ignition switch that has two settings, one to cut forward and one to set for both forward and reverse. My mower starts and runs fine but initially the PTO would only start in the setting for reverse and forward now it want start at all. Could this mean that the ignition switch is bad.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter or a test light to check for voltage? The pto switch on the dash may be where the problem is. What is the model number? the 13AQ, does not seem to work. What is the short number? LXT 1050 etc? Can you take two jumper wires from the battery to the pto clutch, and test the clutch to see if the magnet clicks in. Engine nor the key has to be on. If the magnet in the clutch clicks, the clutch is good.