Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, i have a kawasaki fd620d-as02 in a jd425. this is

Customer Question

hi Curtis, i have a kawasaki fd620d-as02 in a jd425. this is weird! no spark till i blow heat on it for awhile. cranks good and getting fuel fine. after blowing heat(salamander heater)it starts and runs perfect for about 15 to 20 minutes, then drops a cylinder.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine has two trigger coils, two coils and an single igniter unit. With that said, I assume you have checked all the connections at the igniter and coils.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have. i failed to mention that both the small wires on the coils are "hot" with the key off or on.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I can't get site to let me download pictures, has been problem for days. Do a yahoo search for Deere 425 wiring, it will show various diagrams, there will be one showing the Kawasaki ignition system, It is old Just Answer question, pull it up and it has test for igniter. If I use it is is plagiarism!