Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kohler 26hp Coourage) 2008, started surging ,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Kohler 26hp Coourage) 2008, started surging , would run better with a bit of choke. Now only runs with starting fluid. tore apart and cleaned carb. Fuel pump seems to pump enough.
Can you give me any ideas of what to check?
Thanks,
Maurice M
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With it running on choke and with starting fluid, it is not getting fuel. Have you checked the fuel solenoid in the carburetor? It plugs the main jet and if it does not open, no fuel goes to cylinders. It has to have 12 volts as log as the key is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Had checked solenoid already it worked with 12v and ground.

Must have missed cleaning an internal vent/port inside carburetor. It is running now and is not surging.

Thanks

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late reply, we have been flooded and without power for the last 30 hours. Good job on the repair.