Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I ran over a rope halter and cut off 90% around the bottom

Customer Question

I ran over a rope halter and cut off 90% around the bottom of the blade shaft. The rest seems to be up into the top part of the shaft that I can't reach from the underside. I'm a 65 y.o. Woman without much mechanical experience.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You are doing it the hard way. What is required is the removal of the deck! The owners manual shows how to remove and install the deck. I know it may be more than you can handle, but that is what needs to be done. Or the mower needs to be raised , and the blade removed, so you can get the rest of the rope off the mower shaft. Leaving it there is just asking for more debris to be wrapped up!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - thank you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please rate and accept to close the question.