Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an old super2 chainsaw and it seem as though the bar

Customer Question

I have an old super2 chainsaw and it seem as though the bar oil is being introduced into the combustion chamber. It smokes like crazy when running and the bar oil tank seems to empty very quickly. is it possible that the bar lube is getting into the combustion chamber?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a Homelite saw.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the super 2 had check valve in the oil tank.If you remove the oil cap there should or was a hose with a piece of bronze porcelin with a duckbill check valve attached to it near the top. Number 39 & 40
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no check valve on that tubing. If I replace that will it stop the excessive smoking?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
It should stop after a while.They always seem to get knocked off when refueling because of where it is located.I t may be sitting in the bottom of the oil tank.You can drain it to find out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've ordered the parts you suggested. When they arrive I'll install them and see what happens.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
OK