Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I hope you can help: I have a Mountfield Laser Omega

Customer Question

Hi, I hope you can help: I have a Mountfield Laser Omega 46cm with Honda GV100 petrol engine, which does starts but dies a few seconds after. When taking the carburettor off (to clean the it but that hasn't solved the problem unfortunately) I took care to check positioning and linkages of all the different parts, but managed not to notice a linkage and a white plastic grommet to the right which I think controls the throttle and the choke. This plastic part and connected linkage jumped off when taking the carburettor off and now I am not sure what the the correct way of installing the plastic grommet is. It slides to the left and right when operating the throttle control. See pictures, with yellow arrows pointing to the item. Please note that the actual white plastic part is one item with the top showing above the metal guide (acting as a rail) and and the bottom part showing below the metal guide. Is this item installed the correct way? ie. not upside down or flipped the wrong way. (it seems to be possible to install the part with the linkage at all these 4 possibilities. When operating the throttle control the linkage does not jump off, but is extremely easy to fall of. Hope you can help, with many thanks in advance.

Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the answer - I don't need any help. thanks