Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a GT 5000 2005 &S engine No(###) ###-####E1 that is

Customer Question

I have a GT 5000 2005 B&S engine No(###) ###-####E1 that is throwing oil from the front of tractor.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is oil leak up on the block or down low near the bottom? does engine have a lot of hours? Common leak on older engines can be the sump gasket, it pounds out from the oil pressure in the crankcase and the oil being splashed against over time. Has leak gotten worse over time or just showed up? Oil drain valve can leak, or the oil filter, and a leak at the head gasket or valve cover runs down the block.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This just showed up when I started to mow this past week: seems as though te oil is coming from behind the carburater.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This tractor is a 2005
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There is a vent tube from the crankcase that attaches to the air intake , near the carburetor, is it attached, or could it be off, leaking oil?