Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

GVC 190 Honda engine washer. With fuel valve open

Customer Question

GVC 190 Honda engine for power washer. With fuel valve open gas drips from air filter canister (which I removed to spray starter fluid). Drips whether in choke "START" or "RUN" position. No throttle lever I can see just the START/RUN lever. Dripping gas/flooded engine. Any idea what's going on?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi me is John and welcome to just answer , what's going on is the carburetors inlet needle is not shutting off the gas flow so it's bypassing and dripping constantly . The carburetor needs to come off and be throughly cleaned , there is a brass just screwed in the center that has to come out and make sure all the ports are clear , make sure when you hold the carburetor upside down meaning the float is closed that you can't blow into where the fuel hose hooks up , if you can then the needle is still not shutting off the gas flow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks john. Where is access to the carburetor and brass screw located on this engine? Under the air filter?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
If you look behind the air filter housing you will see the carburetor bowl. , there will be a bolt on the bottom of it