Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a snapper pro with a 26 horse kawasaki, it started shutting

Customer Question

i have a snapper pro with a 26 horse kawasaki, it started shutting down every few minutes or seconds after it gets warm, i changed spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, made sure gas caps were loose, tried both tanks, and it still wants to shut down, i can keep it running by choking as soon as it starts to die then backing off then ten seconds later have to keep choking back and forth, the fuel filter also only has a small amount of fuel in it, could this be from a poor clamp on the fuel filter or fuel pump that i just changed or something else?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! In the carburetor is an electric solenoid that shuts the main jet. Remove it and plug the hole and see if the engine will run.