Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Honda eng that will not start will turn over and I

Customer Question

I have a Honda eng that will not start will turn over and I am getting gas out the exhaust. it is a GVC160
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Fuel out the exhaust is a sign the carburetor needle and float are not shutting off the fuel. The float bowl needs to be removed and the float and needle checked. The float make be leaking, or the needle valve may not be seating! I assume fuel tank is above the engine, this usually happens only when engine is not in use. If you remove the spark plug and spin the engine, you can purge the cylinder and re-install the park plug and the engine will start!