Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mower will not start turn key and nothing when I jump from

Customer Question

mower will not start turn key and nothing when I jump from battery to soleniod it runs but take off jumper cable motor stops running
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!Are you going direct to the battery when jumping wit cables? It seems there is no connection when you remove the cables, that makes me think battery cables are not making connection at battery or negative is not clean and tight at frame connection. Have you located the fuse in the ignition circuit, near the battery and starter solenoid? I have to assume the battery is full charged and the old battery did the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse is ok battery is tight on connection I think a limit safety switch is bad how can I bypass safety switch or find out which safety sensor it might be
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If it starts with jumper cables on battery, all switches are ok! Or is that not how you are doing it? Check the seat switch and it's harness, it is the most common problem to keep starter from working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I cut wires off seat sensor and hook together to complete circut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I thought seat might be problem put weight on seat ran until I took off jumper cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just hooking up red cable from battery to solenoid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by passing solenoid
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
sounds to me that the red posiitve cable is not sending power to the solenoid! Bad cable or connection!