Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Poulan 3416 chain saw. The recoil got stuck and I

Customer Question

I have a Poulan 3416 chain saw. The recoil got stuck and I accidentally turned out the screw marked with "T". Now it won't start. I suspect I have to turn the c=screw all the way in and then back it out several tuns. The screw has a spring on it. Must be related to the throttle or carb.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The screw with spring is external screw and would be the throttle, screw , to set the engine idle. It has to contact the throttle lever and should be turned till it touches the plate, then about 1 1/2 turns, it will need to be set after engine is running. The two small screws on the carburetor, L and H are the internal screws and should not be turned unless engine will not idle or run at high speed. As to why saw want start, is spark plug dry or wet? If dry, put a small amount of fuel into the spark plug hole and re-install the spark plug to see if it will start.