Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a commercial mini z with 24 HP honda engine. i had to

Customer Question

I have a commercial mini z with 24 HP honda engine. i had to change the battery and did not pay attention to which wires went where. it wont crank but the lights come on. what the hell did i do? lol! im a business manager for honda and acura. definetley not a technician! Sam
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have all neutral switches in proper place? Arms, seat, brake, pto off? Did you use a voltmeter or test light to be sure the fuses had power at both sides of the fuse? With starter not engaging, and lights working, it would seem keyswitch has voltage. But do you hear the fuel solenoid in the carburetor click open when you turnkey to on? The solenoid has to open as soon as key is turned to the on position. If not, you may NOT have power to the key!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes sir. i haer something click when i turn it on bur sir i am not a mechanic at all and probably needed someone to change it for me. i had no idea that it was so many wires to rehook. its sitting in my backyard beside storage room and i hope noone steals it. Sam
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It seems you have a safety switch that is not connected or is not making the connection. Check the seat switch and harness and be sure the arms are in and the pto is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Curtis. i am at work until about 7:00pm but will check ALL of what you just said when i get off. I believe i have checked everything except the safety switch on the seat. If that doesnt do it may i email you again please sir? Sam
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I would be checking for voltage to the steer motor! Let me know.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OPPS disregard last transmission, I was on the wrong question! Let me know on the safety switch!