Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do I replace the line on a TB685 ec trimmer

Customer Question

how do I replace the line on a TB685 ec trimmer
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You don't need to remove the head to change the line. Just turn the bump head arrows until it lines with the holes where the line comes out of, then take a 20 ft length of line and thread it through of one side of the head to the other, where the line comes out of the head. Even up the line, so you have about 10 ft of line on each side of the head, then turn the bump head Clock wise to suck in the line. Leave about 5 inches outside. You are now ready to go! here is link to operators manual, page 14 covers the line install.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.troybilt.com/wcsstore/TroyBiltUS-CAS/Attachment/ownersManuals/trimmers/TB685_769-10061.pdf